We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the trips shown on our website, although they are correct at the time of publication. You will be advised of the current price of the trip that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked.
We will absorb, and you will not be charged for, any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes any amendment charges – for example if you request extra service or changes to your itinerary. You will be charged for the amount over and above that
You should note that no discounts for unused services will be given if at the time of booking or prior to departure you choose not to take part in the full package as published on our website or agreed with us.
It is unlikely that we will have to make any major changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will notify you of them at the earliest possible date. In the case of such changes there is no entitlement to cancel without penalty.If we have to make a major change to your trip such as a lower than expected standard of accommodation or a major change to your schedule resulting in a significant inconvenience with regard to your trip, we will notify you and give you the option to cancel with a full refund. We will also pay compensation as detailed below, unless the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure.
We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements for reasons of force majeure, inadequate insurance cover or failure by you to pay the final balance. (For this reason we strongly advise you not to incur any non-refundable incidental expenses, e.g. flights, before we have sent you final confirmation of your itinerary).
Note that when you are making flight arrangements we cannot be held responsible for any non-refundable costs you incur through booking your own flights should we be forced to cancel your trip because of the above stated reasons. If we cancel your travel arrangements for reasons other than the above, we will offer you compensation as set out in the table below.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of lower value).
If, for an unforeseeable reason outside of our suppliers’ control, we have to cut short your trip, no refund or compensation will be made for any unused hotel accommodation, hire equipment, air tickets or any other unused service or feature of the trip.
1. Wire transfer to our bank account – please ask us for account details
2. Cash (balance only)
3. Credit card (VISA / MASTERCARD) *
4. Apps such as WorldRemit**
* However, please note that credit card payments are very complex when money is sent from outside Nepal – there is no system for accepting payments by telephone or e-commerce, for example. There are forms to be completed for each payment and it can take several days as well as adding bank charges to your payment.** If you sign up for WorldRemit you can either make a payment to their UK bank account or use your credit/debit card, and send the payment to us. This is a preferred method. Just ask us for our account details, and select the “Cash Pickup’ method. Fees are only around 1%.Any amount charged by the bank for transferring the payments to us or while paying by credit cards (3.75% extra) will have to be borne by you.Banks in Nepal do not accept:
1. Traveller’s cheque
2. Card to card transfer (like Visa to Visa))
3. Debit card (Visa / Mastercard)
More than 56 days Nil
56 – 15 days US$35 / €25/£20
14 – 0 days US$50 / €35/£20
Our liability shall be limited to a maximum of the cost of your travel arrangements.
A common occurrence in Nepal is the delay or cancellation of flights to/from Lukla, the main airport for the Khumbu (Everest) region. We recommend that, when arranging international flights, you allow wherever possible for the possibility that flights out of Lukla may be cancelled for days at a time in the event of inclement weather.We cannot accept responsibility for any change, delay or extra expense incurred as a result of this or for any related consequences. We will do our best to assist you and will organize accommodation and flights on your behalf, including making changes to your international flights from Kathmandu during your delay. We cannot be responsible for any extra food, accommodation costs or related expenses incurred (i.e. any extra days spent in Lukla), and should you choose to make alternative arrangements such as booking a helicopter seat, whilst we will make the arrangements for you, we will not pay the costs of this. We will refund any costs saved by ourselves for your unused return tickets.
You should be able to claim for all of these expenses on your travel insurance, and to this end we will provide for you on request a letter confirming the delay and the extra costs incurred for your insurance company.
When you make your booking you must pay a non-refundable deposit of US$400, €250 or £200 per person. On occasion, full payment for an extra service requested by you such as internal flights, extra excursions or extensions may also be required at the time of booking. Clients booking by telephone will be deemed to have read the booking conditions and to have signed the declaration on the booking form, although a completed booking form must be received by the Nepal Wanders office and acknowledgement sent, before the booking is confirmed and the contract is made.
Following your booking final payment must be made for your trip at least 8 weeks before departure. For certain trips, full payment must be received at an earlier stage before the start of your trip. You will be advised at the time of booking when this is the case. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and 100% cancellation charges will apply.
We advise that you book any extensions, extra services or additional accommodation at the time you make your trip booking. If you wish to book an extension to your trip (or add any additional services to your booking), a separate non-refundable deposit of US$200, €125, £100, or the full extension price if less than this is payable before the extension booking can be confirmed.
- More than 56 days- Deposit plus any unrecoverable cancellation charges
- 56-30 days – 50% of total trip cost plus any unrecoverable cancellation charges
- Less than 30 days – 100% of total trip cost
It is strongly recommended that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges.
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
To take part in one of our trips you must be covered by adequate insurance for the complete duration of your trip. Your insurance must include cover for; medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation and evacuation via whatever means necessary including by helicopter/air ambulance. If, in the event of an emergency medical rescue or evacuation from a trip of you the client, either by foot, helicopter or otherwise the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client. Any subsequent costs incurred for expenses such as hotels, food, transport etc shall be borne by the client. It is imperative that the client ensures adequate insurance cover is in place before departure. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate for the particular needs of you and your party. We do not check insurance policies. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time before departure if we are not satisfied that adequate insurance is in place for you. All baggage and personal effects, including bikes, are at all times at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident to any luggage and property, howsoever incurred. You are advised to check the limitations of your insurance policy in this respect.
You will need to complete this letter and leave a copy with us in Kathmandu in order that we can authorize your rescue (local helicopter companies will not attend without written authority). We will also request a ‘pre-authorization’ on your credit card of US$5000. This is not charged to your card, but enables us to authorize a helicopter to be dispatched in the event of a rescue being needed. There is not time to request authorization from an overseas insurance company in these circumstances and you assume responsibility for any helicopter or other rescue fees. These may be recoverable from your insurers.
If you have a problem during your trip, you must inform your tour leader who will endeavor to put things right. If your complain is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our office giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you.
It is strongly suggested that you communicate any complain to your tour leader without delay and complete a report form whilst on the tour. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complain during your trip and this may affect your rights under this contract.
This is ADVENTURE travel, and many of Nepal Wanders trip destinations are in remote areas, where events are less predictable than is usually the case in, for example, Western Europe or North America. Nepal is a developing country with highly unpredictable situations arising, level of services and infrastructure varying from excellent to non-existent, and culturally very different to the West. The unexpected is the norm and, despite painstaking planning and organization, our trips can never be taken for granted like regular trips. Many of the places that we visit do not have the same quality of emergency health and safety services that we are used to in the developed world. Internal flights can be cancelled, road transport is generally uncomfortable and unreliable, and hotels often do not approach the standards of the West.
- a) I understand and hereby acknowledge that there are inherent and other risks involved in trips and activities of this kind and I freely and voluntarily assume those risks.
- b) I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd and any of their guides, leaders, agents, employees, officers, directors, owners, associates, affiliated companies, manufacturers of equipment, and subcontractors, for any loss or damage, including any that results from any claim for personal injury, death, or property damage. I do hereby expressly agree to defend the above-named parties against any kind of liability, actions, causes of action, debts, suits, claims, and demands of any kind whatsoever, including attorney’s fees, which I or my heirs, assignees, successors, or legal representatives may now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with my trip or participation in activities arranged for me by the above-named parties.
- c) I hereby release and forever discharge, Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd and any of their guides, leaders, agents, employees, officers, directors, owners, associates, affiliated companies, manufacturers of equipment, and subcontractors, from any and all liabilities for damage and injury or death to myself from any claim based upon negligence, recklessness, breach of warranty, contract or other legal theory, accepting for myself, my heirs, assignees, administrators, executors, and all members of my family, including minors accompanying me, full responsibility for any and all such damage, injury or death which may result.
- d) The terms of this agreement shall also include, but not be limited to, a covenant not to sue or make a claim against any of the above-mentioned parties.
- e) The terms of this agreement shall be binding upon me, my heirs, assignees, and executors and all members of my family, including minors accompanying me.
- Medical vaccinations and other preliminary arrangements including all visa procurements are entirely your responsibility and we accept no responsibility in the event that these are not completed in time for departure.11. To take part in one of these trips you MUST be covered by insurance, which must include the cost of medical expenses, repatriation and helicopter evacuation rescue if you become too ill to continue. We recommend an insurance scheme, which is designed to cover these types of trips, and we strongly recommend you to use it. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time before departure if we are not satisfied with the adequate insurance in place.
- No refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused hotel accommodation, air tickets or any other unused service or feature of the tour.
- Any flights forming part of your trip will be subject to the General Conditions of Carriage and Conditions of Contract of the airline concerned, to which attention will be drawn on the airline ticket. Such flights will also be subject to international law, which often limits the airlines liability to passengers in respect of death or bodily injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. We reserve the right to substitute alternative carriers and/or aircraft types if necessary.14. Nepal Wanders will entertain any complaint unless written notice is received by Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd within 28 days of the end of the trip.
- When you sign the Trip reservation form you (and any other person on whose behalf you book) agree to accept all these conditions, you acknowledge that you have read these Booking Terms and Conditions, the trip dossier and understand the nature of your trip and what it involves and you warrant that the information given by you on the booking form is complete and true.