Terms and Conditions
Please read this document thoroughly and carefully before booking a trip with us.
Banks in Nepal only accept some methods of payment, so we are able to accept payment by:
1. Wire transfer to our bank account – please ask us for account details
2. Cash (balance only)
3. Credit card (VISA / MASTERCARD) *
4. Apps such as WorldRemit**
* However, please note that credit card payments are very complex when money is sent from outside Nepal – there is no system for accepting payments by telephone or e-commerce, for example. There are forms to be completed for each payment and it can take several days as well as adding bank charges to your payment.** If you sign up for WorldRemit you can either make a payment to their UK bank account or use your credit/debit card, and send the payment to us. This is a preferred method. Just ask us for our account details, and select the “Cash Pickup’ method. Fees are only around 1%.Any amount charged by the bank for transferring the payments to us or while paying by credit cards (3.75% extra) will have to be borne by you.Banks in Nepal do not accept:
1. Traveller’s cheque
2. Card to card transfer (like Visa to Visa))
3. Debit card (Visa / Mastercard)
We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.Period before departure within which notice of cancellation of major change is notified to you.
More than 56 days Nil
56 – 15 days US$35 / €25/£20
14 – 0 days US$50 / €35/£20
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation as determined by Nepal Wanders – if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However, we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
Our liability shall be limited to a maximum of the cost of your travel arrangements.
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
A common occurrence in Nepal is the delay or cancellation of flights to/from Lukla, the main airport for the Khumbu (Everest) region. We recommend that, when arranging international flights, you allow wherever possible for the possibility that flights out of Lukla may be cancelled for days at a time in the event of inclement weather.We cannot accept responsibility for any change, delay or extra expense incurred as a result of this or for any related consequences. We will do our best to assist you and will organize accommodation and flights on your behalf, including making changes to your international flights from Kathmandu during your delay. We cannot be responsible for any extra food, accommodation costs or related expenses incurred (i.e. any extra days spent in Lukla), and should you choose to make alternative arrangements such as booking a helicopter seat, whilst we will make the arrangements for you, we will not pay the costs of this. We will refund any costs saved by ourselves for your unused return tickets.
You should be able to claim for all of these expenses on your travel insurance, and to this end we will provide for you on request a letter confirming the delay and the extra costs incurred for your insurance company.
Prices given by Nepal Wanders are called ‘Land Only’ prices. The ‘Land Only’ price is one which includes everything except the cost of your flights; we will provide your service from Kathmandu International airport and back to the airport unless we have specifically agreed a different schedule with you. Nepal Wanders does not book international flights.
Internal flights within Nepal are normally included in your ‘land only’ package.
If you are purchasing your own air tickets, you should be aware that most of the cheaper airline tickets available for sale on the internet or from low cost carriers are non-refundable in the case of cancellation. For this reason we strongly advise you check the rules of the ticket when you make a flight booking, and check the limitations of any cancellation insurance policy you have. We cannot be held liable, in the unlikely eventuality that we should be forced to cancel your trip, for losses incurred relating to any flight booking you have made yourself.
Optional activities, excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on trip are not part of your package trip provided by us. For any optional activity, excursion, or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the activity, excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the activity, excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. When you make a booking, you consent to all the information you provide being passed on to our suppliers, wherever they may be based. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
When you make your booking you must pay a non-refundable deposit of US$400, €250 or £200 per person. On occasion, full payment for an extra service requested by you such as internal flights, extra excursions or extensions may also be required at the time of booking. Clients booking by telephone will be deemed to have read the booking conditions and to have signed the declaration on the booking form, although a completed booking form must be received by the Nepal Wanders office and acknowledgement sent, before the booking is confirmed and the contract is made.
Following your booking final payment must be made for your trip at least 8 weeks before departure. For certain trips, full payment must be received at an earlier stage before the start of your trip. You will be advised at the time of booking when this is the case. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and 100% cancellation charges will apply.
We advise that you book any extensions, extra services or additional accommodation at the time you make your trip booking. If you wish to book an extension to your trip (or add any additional services to your booking), a separate non-refundable deposit of US$200, €125, £100, or the full extension price if less than this is payable before the extension booking can be confirmed.
If you wish to switch to a different trip once confirmation has been issued, notification must be received at least 8 weeks before the departure date. Such request must be made in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. Changes made within 8 weeks of departure will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the cancellation charges outlined below will apply.Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. some internal flight tickets) cannot be changed after a reservation has been made and any alteration request will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification in the form of letter, email (from the original email address of the person who made the booking), from the person who made the booking or your travel agent on your behalf must be received at our offices. Cancellation charges as shown below will be applicable.
- More than 56 days- Deposit plus any unrecoverable cancellation charges
- 56-30 days – 50% of total trip cost plus any unrecoverable cancellation charges
- Less than 30 days – 100% of total trip cost
It is strongly recommended that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges.
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Signing our booking form signifies your agreement to abide by the authority of the leader, who represents Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd. The decision of the leader as to the conduct, itinerary and objectives of the tour is final. If, in the opinion of the leader, your behaviour or physical condition is detrimental to the safety, welfare and well-being of the group as a whole (which are the paramount considerations), or if the leader considers your general wellbeing will be put at risk by continuing with the trip, you may be asked to leave the tour without the right to any refund for unused services.
Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize and accept the risks and hazards potentially involved in adventure trips and that you are mentally and physically capable of undertaking your chosen trip. You must tell us if you have an existing medical condition or disability that might affect your trip or other group members’ enjoyment of it, before you book your trip. If, in our reasonable opinion, your chosen trip is not suitable for your medical condition or disability we reserve the right to refuse your booking. We reserve the right to cancel the contract if medical problems are discovered and, in this eventuality, we will give a full refund but no compensation. You are responsible for bringing with you the proper clothing and equipment, which we advise you about in our printed trip information. If you are unable, or choose not to complete an itinerary outlined for a trip, Nepal Wanders is not liable to supply alternative itineraries, excursions, accommodations, services or staff for the period when the client is not present with the group. The company is not liable for any failures that occur in the performance of the travel arrangements which are attributable to the consumer, or attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services and unforeseeable or unavoidable, or are due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the company which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
To take part in one of our trips you must be covered by adequate insurance for the complete duration of your trip. Your insurance must include cover for; medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation and evacuation via whatever means necessary including by helicopter/air ambulance. If, in the event of an emergency medical rescue or evacuation from a trip of you the client, either by foot, helicopter or otherwise the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client. Any subsequent costs incurred for expenses such as hotels, food, transport etc shall be borne by the client. It is imperative that the client ensures adequate insurance cover is in place before departure. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate for the particular needs of you and your party. We do not check insurance policies. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time before departure if we are not satisfied that adequate insurance is in place for you. All baggage and personal effects, including bikes, are at all times at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident to any luggage and property, howsoever incurred. You are advised to check the limitations of your insurance policy in this respect.
You will need to complete this letter and leave a copy with us in Kathmandu in order that we can authorize your rescue (local helicopter companies will not attend without written authority). We will also request a ‘pre-authorization’ on your credit card of US$5000. This is not charged to your card, but enables us to authorize a helicopter to be dispatched in the event of a rescue being needed. There is not time to request authorization from an overseas insurance company in these circumstances and you assume responsibility for any helicopter or other rescue fees. These may be recoverable from your insurers.
If you have a problem during your trip, you must inform your tour leader who will endeavor to put things right. If your complain is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our office giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you.
It is strongly suggested that you communicate any complain to your tour leader without delay and complete a report form whilst on the tour. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complain during your trip and this may affect your rights under this contract.
Any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our trips may be used by the company without charge in all media (whether now existing or in the future invented) for bona fide promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, website slides, video shows and the internet.
This is ADVENTURE travel, and many of Nepal Wanders trip destinations are in remote areas, where events are less predictable than is usually the case in, for example, Western Europe or North America. Nepal is a developing country with highly unpredictable situations arising, level of services and infrastructure varying from excellent to non-existent, and culturally very different to the West. The unexpected is the norm and, despite painstaking planning and organization, our trips can never be taken for granted like regular trips. Many of the places that we visit do not have the same quality of emergency health and safety services that we are used to in the developed world. Internal flights can be cancelled, road transport is generally uncomfortable and unreliable, and hotels often do not approach the standards of the West.
This unpredictability also means that the itineraries that we put forward for each of our trips should be seen as statements of intent, rather than as contractual obligations. A variety of factors, including weather, transport difficulties and political instability, might dictate that we change any itinerary. The trip leader will make any changes that are necessary, after consultation with the group. Only rarely will such changes be significant, and we will always do everything within our powers to minimise the effects of the enforced changes. We cannot be held responsible for the results of changes or delays, irrespective of how they are caused.
Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize and accept the potential risks and hazards that can be involved in trips of this kind, up to and including death. Therefore you must carefully read the following LIABILITY RELEASE AGREEMENT before reserving the trip.
- a) I understand and hereby acknowledge that there are inherent and other risks involved in trips and activities of this kind and I freely and voluntarily assume those risks.
- b) I agree to hold harmless and indemnify Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd and any of their guides, leaders, agents, employees, officers, directors, owners, associates, affiliated companies, manufacturers of equipment, and subcontractors, for any loss or damage, including any that results from any claim for personal injury, death, or property damage. I do hereby expressly agree to defend the above-named parties against any kind of liability, actions, causes of action, debts, suits, claims, and demands of any kind whatsoever, including attorney’s fees, which I or my heirs, assignees, successors, or legal representatives may now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with my trip or participation in activities arranged for me by the above-named parties.
- c) I hereby release and forever discharge, Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd and any of their guides, leaders, agents, employees, officers, directors, owners, associates, affiliated companies, manufacturers of equipment, and subcontractors, from any and all liabilities for damage and injury or death to myself from any claim based upon negligence, recklessness, breach of warranty, contract or other legal theory, accepting for myself, my heirs, assignees, administrators, executors, and all members of my family, including minors accompanying me, full responsibility for any and all such damage, injury or death which may result.
- d) The terms of this agreement shall also include, but not be limited to, a covenant not to sue or make a claim against any of the above-mentioned parties.
- e) The terms of this agreement shall be binding upon me, my heirs, assignees, and executors and all members of my family, including minors accompanying me.
- Medical vaccinations and other preliminary arrangements including all visa procurements are entirely your responsibility and we accept no responsibility in the event that these are not completed in time for departure.11. To take part in one of these trips you MUST be covered by insurance, which must include the cost of medical expenses, repatriation and helicopter evacuation rescue if you become too ill to continue. We recommend an insurance scheme, which is designed to cover these types of trips, and we strongly recommend you to use it. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time before departure if we are not satisfied with the adequate insurance in place.
- No refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused hotel accommodation, air tickets or any other unused service or feature of the tour.
- Any flights forming part of your trip will be subject to the General Conditions of Carriage and Conditions of Contract of the airline concerned, to which attention will be drawn on the airline ticket. Such flights will also be subject to international law, which often limits the airlines liability to passengers in respect of death or bodily injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. We reserve the right to substitute alternative carriers and/or aircraft types if necessary.14. Nepal Wanders will entertain any complaint unless written notice is received by Nepal Wanders Pvt. Ltd within 28 days of the end of the trip.
- When you sign the Trip reservation form you (and any other person on whose behalf you book) agree to accept all these conditions, you acknowledge that you have read these Booking Terms and Conditions, the trip dossier and understand the nature of your trip and what it involves and you warrant that the information given by you on the booking form is complete and true.